Recipe from: Fishing guide Matt Yukich, Indian Head Fishing Lodge in Lake Athabasca, Saskatchewan.
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1-3 lb lake trout, filleted
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1 pinch seasoning salt
- 1 pinch dill
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Roll out enough aluminum foil to fold over and cover fish. Spread margarine on one half. Place fillets skin-side down on margarine and sprinkle with garlic powder, seasoning salt and dill. Cover fish entirely with mayonnaise and mustard. Place onion slices on top and sprinkle with cheese. Fold foil over top of fish and crimp edges closed so that no juices or heat escape.
- Place on grill over hot coals and cook at least 15 minutes before checking fish (fish is cooked when it flakes easily with a fork).
- This recipe is especially good for kids or those who don't like a strong fish taste. Serve with potatoes, canned beans and canned corn.