There are many fine ways to grill Pacific salmon, but it’s tough to top this tasty treatment. Adapted from the celebrated ATCO Blue Flames Kitchen recipe book, Let the Flames Begin, this fish dish features a classic Béarnaise-style sauce.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp coarse-grained
- Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp dill seed
- 1/4 tsp freshly
- Ground pepper
- 2 lbs Pacific salmon fillets
- Lemon pepper, to taste
- Canola oil cooking spray
- Combine glaze ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir well. Refrigerate until you’re ready to coat the salmon fillets.
- Cut fillets into serving-sized portions and place skin side down on pieces of aluminum foil sprayed with canola oil. Shape foil into trays that are slightly larger than the fillets.
- Spoon a generous amount of glaze on top of each fillet, followed by a generous sprinkling of lemon pepper.
- Grill fillets at 300°F in a preheated barbecue (lid down) for 10 to 12 minutes per inch of fillet thickness, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with a mixed green salad topped with chopped green onions and Parmesan cheese; croutons are optional. A potato salad is also a nice addition.