- 4 cups salted pretzels
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tbsp HP sauce
- 3 tbsp beer
- 2 lb skinless pike fillets
- Vegetable oil
- Place pretzels in a plastic bag and break into fine crumbs.
- In a medium-size bowl, beat together eggs, sauce and beer with a fork.
- Cut fillets into 1-inch-wide strips and pat dry. Dip strips into egg mixture, then place in bag with pretzel crumbs and shake until fully coated. Place coated strips on a cookie sheet and refrigerate for 20 minutes, allowing to dry.
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat 1/4-inch oil over medium-high heat. Add fish strips and cook until golden brown (at least 3 minutes), turning once.