This special episode profiles the first Lake2Plate fishing-dining event, which took place recently on the Ottawa River (above). Lake2Plate is a new video series designed to inspire viewers to harvest and prepare fish and wild forage, in ways that both celebrate Canada’s shorelunch tradition, with an eye to sustainability.
Blue Fish Radio host and producer Lawrence Gunther led the fishing component of the event, with other guests and participants including:
- Jim Coffee, owner of Esprit Whitewater
- Meredith Brown, Ottawa Riverkeeper
- Chef (and forager) Matthew Brearley
- Fish biologist Shannon Bower
- Ron Ferguson from Irish Creek Outfitters
- Steve Mitton from The Whalesbone Restaurant
- Chris Thompson from Whitewater Brewing Company
To listen in as they fish, feast and discuss issue facing the Ottawa River, press PLAY below. To download this podcast to your device, go to the Blue Fish Radio home page.