Surprise, delight and keep your dinner guests guessing with this simple grilled salmon dish they’ll think you took hours to prepare. The crazy easy part is the sauce—a mere combo of mayo, Asian chili garlic sauce and lime juice. The hard part is keeping it a secret.
- Asian chili garlic sauce to taste
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 juice and zest of lime
- 4 salmon steaks
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 zest of lemon
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Add chili garlic sauce to mayonnaise. Begin with one teaspoon; add more if you want it hotter. Stir in lime juice.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Brush both sides of steaks with olive oil; sprinkle on zests of lime and lemon. Grill 3 to 5 minutes per side (until fish is opaque and a little flaky). Season with salt and pepper.
- Place steaks on individual plates and drape with sauce. Serve with sautéed sugar snap peas and potato salad or crunchy coleslaw.