When it comes to wild game, the barbecue certainly isn’t just for the likes of venison steaks. Here’s a great way to also capture the wonderful taste of duck cooked on the grill.
- 6 wooden skewers
- 8 boneless, skinless duck breasts
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Lime zest, to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes before using to help prevent them from burning on the barbecue. Cut duck breasts into thumb-sized cubes, thread onto skewers and lay in a single layer in a shallow dish or baking pan.
- Whisk together lime juice, tequila, shallots, garlic, cumin, salt, pepper and lime zest. Add olive oil in a thin stream while whisking constantly; whisk in sesame oil. Pour mixture over duck skewers and let marinate for at least 30 minutes at room temperature; 4 hours in the refrigerator is best.
- Grill duck skewers over medium heat, turning once, until lightly browned on outside (4 to 6 minutes). Serve hot.