This absolutely amazing goose recipe is better than the finest dish at the slickest New York restaurant—guaranteed. Even after you try it, you still won’t believe how good it tastes. And it’s so simple to prepare.
- 1 large pkg frozen cranberries
- ½ tsp each of thyme, garlic powder and marjoram
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 goose (Canada, snow or blue)
- 1 lb margarine (or butter), softened
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Mix cranberries, thyme, garlic powder, marjoram, salt and pepper in a bowl; completely stuff goose with mixture and truss cavity closed.
- Rub outside of bird with margarine and season with additional salt and pepper, and triple wrap in aluminum foil. (I prefer to skin my goose, but it’s not necessary for this recipe.)
- Roast in oven for 8 hours. You won’t need a knife to carve the goose when it’s ready—the meat will literally fall off the bones when you unwrap the foil.
- Serve with cranberry sauce. And as good as this recipe is hot for dinner, the leftovers the next day are even better—the meat will taste like the most tender, prime AAA beef you’ve ever eaten.