Recipe from: Fishing guide Aron Yukich, from Kasba Lake Lodge, Northwest Territories.
- 1-3 lb lake trout, filleted
- 4 cups Italian, or sundried tomato, salad dressing (for marinade)
- Oregano and pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 medium-sized onion
- 1 can mushrooms, or 1/4 lb fresh mushrooms if available
- Marinate fish in dressing at least 30 minutes before grilling.
- Grease the grill with cooking oil to prevent sticking, and place the fillets skin-side down; lightly season with oregano and pepper. Grill for about 5 minutes or until outer edges appear to be cooked. Flip and continue cooking for 3 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork and outer edges are crispy.
- Baste with leftover marinade throughout the grilling; flip only once.
- Garnish with lemon, sautéed onions and mushrooms. Serve with potatoes, beans and corn. This recipe also works with salmon and other species of trout.